I wanted to create a Google Base feed for my eBay store. Sounds simple doesn’t it. It wasn’t for me so I’m going to share how I did it.
- In your eBay account go to Marketing Tools. This is on the left side about mid way down.
- Pick the “Make a file of your Store inventory listings available” and click apply. Note the URL supplied here. You will use it in setting up your data feed.
- Go to Google Base and Register a Google-base xml data feed file with the name: yourstorename.xml
- Click on the "Settings" tab;
- Under "Website URL (Optional)", replace the existing URL with your store’s XML link generated by eBay.
- Click the "Data feeds" link on your "My Items" tab;
- Edit your "schedule" beside your "data feed";
- Under "URL of file," replace the existing URL with the eBay generated link. Click "Update Schedule" to confirm your changes;
This should do it. It won’t happen all at once. Google Base takes some time to process the file and it won’t get it until your scheduled time. You can test it all out with a manual upload.
- Right click on the eBay generated URL in your eBay account and choose “Save link as”. It will give you the file to save.
- Choose the “Manual: File Upload” that was below the “Schedule”. Pick where you downloaded the file to and it will be uploaded.
Wait a while and see if it processed.