There are a few example out there already for ContentSource but after trying to use them I found some glaring omissions. For instance, two of the examples I looked at use InsertForm. I just assumed that because we were using the namespace System.Windows.Forms that is where it was coming from. Because the example were in the 2.0 Framework I thought maybe I was just missing some thing. So when I got the error “The type or namespace name ‘InsertForm’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)” I assumed it was just a matter of finding the reference I needed. It was! But to a class I should and would create. I also had a hard time with the ImagePath property of the WriterPlugin attribute. For starters the png file must be 16×16 despite what the documentation says, 20×18 didn’t work. Also don’t forget to set the Build Action property on the image to Embedded Resource. Its a minor detail that the documentation has but the examples leave out. Please don’t go looking for a SDK to download despite what is said in the other example. The WindowsLive.Writer.Api is in the root directory of WindowsLive Writer.
- Your project will need a Windows Form Class added (Name if “InsertForm.cs” just for the fun of it)
- Make sure your image is 16×16.
- Make sure you set the Build Action on the image to Embedded Resource.
- The WindowsLive.Writer.Api file is found in C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer
- WindowsLive Writer SDK Documents
In Part 2 of this post I will share the plug-in I create and use it in the post.