Tonight was another night of working on purple belt test techniques. This time we went over the next six techniques for the Pedro Sauer’s Purple Belt test:
- Sweep from Seated Guard (BJJ T&T pg. 186)
- Overhead Sweep (BJJ T&T pg. 188 or 238)
- Leg Pinching Sweep (BJJ T&T pg. 190)
- Scissor Sweep Standing from Guard (BJJ T&T pg. 226)
- Hook Sweep from Guard (BJJ T&T pg. 228)
- Kick over Sweep (Balloon) (BJJ T&T pg. 188)
Yesterday we went over the first six and I posted them. Like I said before they are documented in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Theory and Technique (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu series) by Renzo and Royler Gracie.
I had a great time sweeping people over my head. I have to say that sweeps are my favorite. Submissions are cool too don’t get me wrong but a well executed sweeps saps moral or the spirit of the other guy. He just went from equal or in control to flip side.
Rolling was good too. We lined up and would rotate the line every 2 minutes. This gives you a great opportunity to try yourself against everyone. It also keeps the action going. I was admirable tonight. I didn’t tap anyone that was higher then me but then again I didn’t get tapped. I’ll settle for a stalemate against a purple belt right now.