I just purchased Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: NO GI Essentials by Roy Dean. I have really enjoyed Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt Requirements: Fundamentals for All and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Purple Belt Requirements: Gateway to the Advanced Game also by Roy Dean. I have the nogi tournament, Scrap for the Skull coming up at the end of the week. “No Gi Essentials” won’t get here in time of course but if it is as good as the others it will become one of my core instructional videos.
Here at the 5 reasons why I think Roy Dean’s DVD’s rock!:
- They show clearly the technique from 5 different view points.
- The DVD video is sharp, clear, and well lighted.
- Roy doesn’t perseverate or use pidgin English. He only imparts what is essential.
- The techniques he shows are good core foundation techniques. You can get all the latest slight of hand after you build good fundamentals.
- Roy doesn’t just show technique. He goes into development and how to progress in your game. He gives insights about what to expect and what you should try to strive for.
Roy Dean is one of the best. Let me know what you like about him.
Jiu-Jitsu is Life and Life is Jiu-Jitsu