Oh, man! 2011 is here and its time to review my goals I set last year in my post “New Years Jiu-Jitsu Goals for 2010”. I have been thinking about this post and avoiding it too. I did better this year on my goals then in 2009. This year I actually know what I succeeded and failed at. LOL!
- Tap out some one I never have before in my school (I got Pat and Chris both purple belts)
- Compete in a tournament (I competed in the Scrap for the Skull Tournament)
- Read all my Jiu-Jitsu Books from cover to cover. Even the ones I buy new this year (I was close enough I am going to count this one)
- Increase my stamina (I gained weight and went backwards on this)
- Post a blog to www.jiujitsumap.com 5 days each week (I did ok for the first half of the year but then lost the habit)
- Get up early every morning and drill with my Submission Master Grappling Dummy. (This was just plain wishful thinking. I don’t get up in the morning)
- Increase my flexibility
- Watch all my Jiu-Jitsu DVDs. Even the ones I buy new this year.
- Keep my BJJ Journal up to date.
- Know all the purple belt requirements.
30% is a “F”. If I let that get me down then I’m done for. I will roll over all the ones that I was unsuccessful in to 2011. I’m not going to beat myself up about it. After all I do BJJ for fun and exercise not for a living.
Jiu-Jitsu is Life and Life is Jiu-Jitsu