While surfing MMAOutLet.com I came across the Hayabusa Ashi MMA Footgrips and I thought about getting myself a pair. But before I could do that I had to see how they compared to some of the grapple socks I have seen and know that people like. So in the spirit of Christmas I gave a pair of the Hayabusa Ashi’s to a friend who I know had the GrappleSock VX2. I let him wear both and then interrogated him on what he liked and didn’t like. Here are my findings:
Hayabusa Ashi MMA Footgrips:
- Very comfortable fit. Good ankle support but not too stiff.
- Red studs on bottom sole did NOT come off after first use and wash.
- He liked having open toes as opposed to the VX2 which has toe holes.
- Neoprene material made his foot sweat but that was expected.
- Grip on bottom did seem to happen more near the arch of my foot than on the ball where he expected it.
- Less expensive
- Good Customer Service
- Lost all grip from the ball of the foot after first use and wash. He called GrappleSock about this and they said it wasn’t supposed to happen and sent him replacement socks, but the replacements did the same thing.
- He had a couple busted up toes so getting the VX2s on were much more difficult.
It looks like I’m going to pick up a pair of the Hayabusa Ashi and try them out myself. I’ll do a post on my first hand experience.
Jiu-Jitsu is Life and Life is Jiu-Jitsu